Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to sax on the web, but I have been reading it a bit and I have a question I would like to ask that I think someone might be able to answer.

I play my schools old baritone saxophone and I am unsure what it is. The engravings underneath the bell are scratched up and so I am unable to read them, however, the serial number and such underneath the right thumb hook are readable and say:
Patd. Dec 8 1914
B
M204213
L

I tried doing my research on it before, however I have no idea how to go about that and so I just got a lot of random information. I think that it might be a Conn, but I am unsure. If someone could maybe tell me a little bit about the model of horn and the year it might have been made, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm just weird and would like to know more about the instrument I am playing. :p

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,464 Posts
Look at the tone holes. Are they rolled? Meaning, do they appear to have a rim around the top of the openings. The guard over the low C pad cup should look like a Mercedes Benz symbol. If you have both the rolled tone holes and the Mercedes guard, then it's a Conn New Wonder II bari, which are fairly desirable. If it has the Mercedes guard, but no rolled tone holes, then it's a Conn stencil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the tone holes. Are they rolled? Meaning, do they appear to have a rim around the top of the openings. The guard over the low C pad cup should look like a Mercedes Benz symbol. If you have both the rolled tone holes and the Mercedes guard, then it's a Conn New Wonder II bari, which are fairly desirable.
It does have both of those. Thank you very much!

(I have to admit, it is quite a bit older than I thought it was.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts