Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I wasn’t sure where exactly to post this, so let me know if this isn’t correct.

I am going to be transferring from my current college to a university in the fall. I am wanting some suggestions on what to play as a prepared piece. My woodwind professor suggested an etude. Do any of y’all have recommendations for an alto player?

Thanks 😙

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,209 Posts
Does the prospective university have a list of suggested audition pieces?
That would be tho the first thing I would look in to.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,341 Posts
Hey, I wasn’t sure where exactly to post this, so let me know if this isn’t correct.

I am going to be transferring from my current college to a university in the fall. I am wanting some suggestions on what to play as a prepared piece. My woodwind professor suggested an etude. Do any of y’all have recommendations for an alto player?

Thanks 😙
Yes, transpose and run the changes on sight to Giant Steps at 260 bpm. ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,209 Posts
No. They simply require a prepared piece.
Seriously?!? What university doesn't have a list of suggested appropriate audition pieces?
I would go in with something more than an etude either way.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,938 Posts

Thanks 😙
If your current “professor” doesn’t know, then you should contact the university where you are auditioning. They will want you to succeed, and are in the best place to help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts