1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultimate Sax iphone app

Hi all,

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ultimate-sax/id408648574?mt=8I

This an iphone app is created so help people pick up saxophone more easily. It provide quick access of the note and the corresponding fingering chart and the sound of each note.

When I first started to learn, I had to figure out what the note is from the staff line position and match that to the note of fingering chart to find out the fingering position, then another problem is I don't know what the note is supposed to sound like.
!
So, hopefully, this app help some of you out. I plan to add the riff learner feature to the add when it cover the development cost, so stay tune :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Re: Ultimate Sax iphone app

I don't think you can beat simply reading and playing scales very slowly and repeatedly over and over again for getting a good solid understanding of fingering and the corresponding written notes.
Of course, if you don't have a good ear for notes or even a sax in your hand (say you're on a bus somewhere) this would be a nice tool for the beginner.

Mostly I'm just jealous cos i don't have a pretty iPhone :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the support. It's nice to see the effort paying off. This app has a lot of potential. I hope I can get it in the hands of all sax players.

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2017
424 Posts

If you want to make money on apps, your strategy really needs to be sell lots at a low price. Unfortunatly for developers the app store is simply not a high price market, that is however why it is so popular!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,951 Posts

True, but really...for specialty apps you are never gonna sell large quantity, anyway....so if folks seem as connected by umbilical cord to their little pocket machines as they apparently are, $30 for a sax app ain't all that unreasonable....

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2017
424 Posts
I don't disagree, but for that price it needs to really offer a lot as people are so used to paying low prices.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you give yourself the good review? I'm curious because the person who wrote it isn't a beginner and says "I wish I had this app when I first started playing saxophone" Who would spend $30 on something telling them where all the notes are when they already know. I could be wrong though, it happens fairly often.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts