Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's up for it?

If we get our act together maybe we could organise a bit of a UK SOTW get-together beforehand - maybe just drinks, perhaps even a meal - and then go on to the gig. I cannot think of a better reason for a meet up than a Sonny Rollins gig! Perhaps we can even entice some of our European SOTWers over for this...

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Yup. I'm going. PM nearer the time?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far as I know he's only playing the one night so I reckon it'll be a sell-out. Additionally the Barbican Hall is a seated venue so if we want to sit together we'll need to block book. So all in-all I think we should consider the option of booking our tickets well in advance - possibly end of June, certainly by end of July. It also "gets it in the diary" for everyone, which is a good thing, especially at that time of year. I realise this may not be possible for some and it's only a suggestion for discussion - I'd be interested in other people's opinions because I know I'm a worrier who likes to get things sorted in advance... ;)

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Be careful about being the "organiser", Rick. It's going to sell out (maybe soon if there's some extra publicity or something) and you don't want to be left waiting around for others to get back to you so you know how many seats to book. I know a block would be nice but it's not really necessary, is it?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's going to sell out very, very soon - in fact having just checke almost all of the stalls are gone and a lot of the circle too. All seats are £60 (a LOT of money) except a very few at £50 :(

Yep agreed on all counts, I'm not going to wait for anyone else and I'm not going to "organise" and I entirely agree that we don't need to be seated together, especially if we're going to meet for a drink beforehand, but it would be nice. I'll give it a few days to see if anyone else is interested...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rick, Many thanks for the early warning for this - I'm well up for this in fact I will book my tickets straight away. Good idea for the pre drinks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got my tickets the day they went on sale. I'm up for getting together and having a couple of drinks or whatever is arranged. Keep me posted. I think most of the tickets are now sold. They are a bit pricey but heck who cares. Its sonny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts