Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody just posted a thread called "Great masterclass by Dick Oatts". I liked it . its like a free worthwhile lesson. Does anyone know of any other good ones on utube?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts

·
6,260 Posts
thanks man, that will keep me busy for years .
Augman...Every week I do a Blog @ Rico Reeds.com- All kinds of stuff, This week was about Roland Kirk.

That said, also there are lots of guys runnin' loose here like David Valdez, Bob Reynolds, Steve Neff etc...to mention a few that you might just look for. Everyone has something to say, sometimes even a variation on the same stuff but a different take.

The main thing is...PRACTICE. And keep practicing like crazy, then practice some more.

Last but not least...Charlie Parker and Lester Young. Fill your ears with those guys! every time I have a talk with Charles Lloyd, as long as he has been at IT, THOSE NAMES are mentioned.

HAVE FUN'. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tim,
I booked marked your sites and am watching them little by little with morning coffee. Thanks for being generous with crucial knowledge. Let us know if you ever gig in san diego area.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
also some cool looking classes put up by vandorenusa on youtube.

·
6,260 Posts
Thanks Tim,
I booked marked your sites and am watching them little by little with morning coffee. Thanks for being generous with crucial knowledge. Let us know if you ever gig in san diego area.
Thank you. Funny you should mention that area- I have a very strong student from there that was one of my New School University students last year in NYC. I'm looking for some spots to access via clinics/concerts....any ideas? Hit me up on a PM please.

I do enjoy California a lot- and Charles McPhearson lives there and is a very good friend of mine too.

PM me when you can, keep cooking man!!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.