1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Several posters have praised the Bari soprano pieces. I have an Esprit (shown on Bari's site) and it plays okay for me although it isn't what I prefer. But that is all subjective - others may love it; not all players will have similar results.

Thanks for the link, though. I found it interesting. The text reads like all other manufacturers' text - lots of marketing hype that may or may not mean you will achieve similar results. It really doesn't matter what others have experienced when it comes down to you liking or not liking a piece.

I looked through my latest WW&BW catalog and didn't find Bari pieces advertised (I recall they used to be in that book). Bari's were listed in the tip-opening charts, though - and their plastic reeds were listed.

Funny - many of the mouthpieces had similar claims in the catalog. Maybe WW&BW (France) has them in stock - it may worth a try to contact them and ask, because they do have a liberal try-out policy and you can see for yourself how all these fab mouthpieces work. One last thing, gold-plated metal mouthpieces are pretty pricey these days - maybe a less expensive HR piece would work better AND cost less. DAVE

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Dave Dolson said:
Several posters have praised the Bari soprano pieces. I have an Esprit (shown on Bari's site) and it plays okay for me although it isn't what I prefer. But that is all subjective - others may love it; not all players will have similar results.

Thanks for the link, though. I found it interesting. The text reads like all other manufacturers' text - lots of marketing hype that may or may not mean you will achieve similar results. It really doesn't matter what others have experienced when it comes down to you liking or not liking a piece.

I looked through my latest WW&BW catalog and didn't find Bari pieces advertised (I recall they used to be in that book). Bari's were listed in the tip-opening charts, though - and their plastic reeds were listed.

Funny - many of the mouthpieces had similar claims in the catalog. Maybe WW&BW (France) has them in stock - it may worth a try to contact them and ask, because they do have a liberal try-out policy and you can see for yourself how all these fab mouthpieces work. One last thing, gold-plated metal mouthpieces are pretty pricey these days - maybe a less expensive HR piece would work better AND cost less. DAVE
WWBW used to carry many more mouthpieces, Bari among them. (And I think they still have them online). That's why they are listed there. BTW, the Dkota is the same blank that everyone seems to use to make mouthpieces...I used the standard Bari rubber piece for a long time on soprano; they're very nice and responsive (sort of like a Meyer).

The Baroque must be a new one though, never heard of that one. They did have a "C*" model at one point, so it might be the same piece.

Never heard of the Baroque

1 - 3 of 3 Posts