Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on saxquest there are a few super balanced action altos i'm looking at the silver plate priced at 3,250 and I was just wondering if I offered my Yamaha 475 used for one year and my antigua sop used for two months until I got my yamaha sop . So is this not enough too much maybe the horns and some cash or the SBA and alto mouthpiece.

Keep in mind I am trading in this soprano and tenor because I love my current Super 20 and yamaha sop and am looking at these horns because I love them i have tired 6 and they were all great players.

thanks for the info

stu

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
I would expect to get less than 1000 for the alto, and less than 500 for the soprano. Expect to pony up the big money for it...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Stu I think you need a reality chx
would you make a trade like that?
keep in mind that dealers don't buy or give credit for things at the same price that they intend to sell them for. it's this thing we have here in America called capitalism, it's rather nasty but seems to work

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have this really strange idea so stop me if you think it is to ridiculous.

Anyway here goes:|

How about you ask! now wait for it----------------------SAXQUEST:shock:

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
There are two trading options on Saxquest: One is to trade with Saxquest itself, and the other is to trade through its "free tradiing" area, where one may post one's ad for trading or sale.

Which one are you talking about? Either way, I agree that your offer is unrealistic! As good as it is, the 475 is still an intermediate horn that does not command a high value. As for the Antigua, well, it is still a Taiwanese horn - albeit a good one! So, even together, how do (or can) they measure up against an SA?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys a thought my deal wasn't the greastest just checking

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
You will almost always make out better financially if you sell rather than trade. You can get fair market value for your gear, whereas in a trade, they know what they can sell it for (the same you can) and will offer you less (they need to make a profit.)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I made a similar offer last year when I was looking to get a new tenor. I offered my Mark VI alto and my Yamaha custom tenor. They told me they would give me about $3200 (2k for the alto 1.2k for the tenor). I politely declined.
You would definitely get better value by selling the horns on your own, but the trade off is you will have to fish around to find a buyer at your asking price.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,938 Posts
Put 'em up for sale and then make your own deal with ca$h.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts