Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, northeastern SOTW contingent! Not sure how many New Englanders there are here, particularly Vermonters, but I'm very very excited to bring my group up to the Stowe Jazz Festival this weekend. Vermont is one of my favorite places in the world and there's pretty much nothing I like more than awesome music surrounded by unparalleled natural beauty. Add some Alchemist Beer into that, and... well... we're getting serious. Plus, there's no cover charge for any music at the festival, it's all free! Save your greenbacks for awesome local food and bevvies.

Progger will be playing tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday nights, 9/7 and 9/8, on the Rusty Nail Stage from 9pm to... late. We have nice long sets to stretch out and we might have some fancy special guests, too.

Other great acts are playing earlier in the festival, too! Donny McCaslin's group, the Dan Pugach nonet (which features some of NYC's most frighteningly gifted players), and a bunch more. Here's the festival info site.

https://www.stowejazzfestival.com

Come on out to the Rusty Nail Stage tomorrow and/or Saturday if you're around and say hi!

·
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a little update about the Stowe Jazz Festival: we're on day two here and it is absolutely amazing. This is one of the coolest music festivals I've ever been to. It's small but extremely well curated with incredible music and food (and some of the best beer on planet earth, if you're into that). The people who run the festival are experienced high-end jazz musicians and producers themselves and the entire vibe is quite possibly the best I've ever experienced. Plus, this is only the second year the festival has existed, so they've gotten their act together remarkably quickly. If you're anywhere in the Northeast, this thing is way worth the trip. I'm blown away.

·
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you able to see Donny McCaslin play?
I didn't get to hear him, Steve, unfortunately! We were at different venues. From what I heard it was kind of an indie rock vibe with some singing from Jeff Taylor, the guitarist. Guess that Bowie thing made an impression on him!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts