Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tucker smashed this transcription out of the ball park on his Conn 10m. Not sure if he's still playing his 9* Johhanes Gerber Slant in this clip, but wow he sounds real good and it looks like it's recorded with a phone. Amazing, how good does the tenor sound. Listen with headphones for maximum enjazzment.

He published it to YouTube for what would have been John Coltrane's 92nd birthday and wrote the following

Published on 23 Sep 2018

Today would have been John Coltrane's 92nd birthday. The master continues to inspire generations through the beauty and honesty of his music and through ceaseless devotion to his craft.

I finally tackled his iconic, masterpiece of a solo from John Coltrane's "Blue Train" -- and got credit for it while in Grad school -- double score! SO many choruses of melodic bliss, learning ANYTHING from the greats like 'Trane is well-worth the time & effort.

Happy Birthday Mr. Coltrane and Thank You for you music!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
:cheers:

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,213 Posts
Tucker is such a great guy and truly an amazing player. The last couple times I spoke with him, he was using a Dukoff Hollywood metal in a smaller tip.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Tucker is such a great guy and truly an amazing player. The last couple times I spoke with him, he was using a Dukoff Hollywood metal in a smaller tip.
Refinished and gold plated by the amazing Ted Klum. Jumping from a huge to small tip, don’t know how he does but oh wow what a sound this guy has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts