Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

this is my first time posting in this community so I apologize if I am in the wrong forum here but I am trying to track down a particular video of the Brecker Brothers. I don't remember much about the video aside from the fact that it was a live recording at a concert for the brecker brothers and it was a ballad/slow song and it was one of the most amazing solos but Micheal Brecker I had ever heard. I believe it was a video from close to when M Brecker passed away as well. I know it is on youtube or at least was at one point if anyone could leave a suggestion or two in this thread it would be hugely helpful, I am dying trying to figure it out!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Well, what the heck...... I'll have a go at it. Only one that immediately jumps into my mind is Funky Sea, Funky Dew.

What say you?

John

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,900 Posts
That's it!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Thank you good Dr! I don't know if that's what he's seeking, but if I was a betting man, I'd say it probably is! If not.....well, I'm stumped!

J.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,900 Posts
Until the OP comes back with some better clues, I'm still hangin' with John's first answer!

"Yeah, well, he was playing a tenor sax with a shiny neck..."

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,558 Posts
I've downloaded with Youtube-->mp3 app for Macbook probably about 300 different live Brecker tracks/clips, and also various other live Jazz things off of Youtube and have them in a nice playlist including this Funky Sea Funky Dew set. I suggest everyone do the same. You never really know when treasures like this are going to disappear from public access.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts