Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found in a bargain bin at the local music store, a book entitled A Manual for The Stage or Dance Band Trumpet Player, by Frank "Porky" Panico and Rev. George Wiskirchen, C.S.C out of Berklee Press, pub. 1964

It was the only copy, and I can't find another copy anywhere - well, with exception to some libraries hundreds of miles away.

I contacted the Berklee Press Director of Business Affairs for permission to make 3 copies - for my trumpet players - just so I could go to kinko's and have them bound properly so they'll keep up, and so that I could file away my copy in a safe place.

Unfortunately, the copyright, after the books go out of print, go back to the original writer.

Now I'm looking for hay in the needle stack.

Google results haven't been so promising, and there aren't any leads from Berklee Press, either.

Normally, I'd just go to the corner liquor store, copy it at 5 cents a page and have it done that way, but I'd really like to keep this in as text-book like a format as possible so i can give it to my trumpet players and have it bound at a place like kinko's, office max, or staples.

-- Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frank "porky" Panico

Hi. Frank Panico was my Great Uncle. He passed away four years ago. I have been looking for a copy of his book for some time now. If ther is a way for me to send you files I can give you copies of his work when he had his radio show here in Chicago back in the 60's.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Matt1035 said:
Hi. Frank Panico was my Great Uncle. He passed away four years ago. I have been looking for a copy of his book for some time now. If ther is a way for me to send you files I can give you copies of his work when he had his radio show here in Chicago back in the 60's.
Wow, the wonders of the internet. How cool! :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts