Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

has anyone come across any of these necks, and if so, have you seen them in anything other than a 1? I love the neck of my TT but I’d be curious to find one of the other necks available for TTs if they’re still floating around somewhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I ain't ever seen a neck like that. I've had a TT #1 neck but the tenon was normal. With what appears to be copper and brass and possibly traces of solder I am wondering if this is not a modification.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ain't ever seen a neck like that. I've had a TT #1 neck but the tenon was normal. With what appears to be copper and brass and possibly traces of solder I am wondering if this is not a modification.
I was told it was a limited run of necks in an attempt to sure up and leakage at the tenon. Clearly it didn’t take since it’s not done anymore, but it is original, that I know.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
while I kinda' like the concept I would imagine A: the tenon thickness beneath the cork to be frighteningly thin or B: the entire tenon, and or course the tenon receiver, to be larger which I doubt greatly. Still a remarkable image.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,874 Posts
Never even heard of that. Seems to be slightly longer than a regular tenon, too.

I don’t know if Mark Aronson’s still around, but he used to modify Buescher necks to match the several that were available at the time of the New Aristocrat altos & generally knows a lot about Bueschers. He might be able to help you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,357 Posts
edited... sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts