Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,185 Posts
I follow him on facebook. He seems to be the hot sax player in Miami.

B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Another young player ruined by music school :)

That's a Conn tenor right? His website says he's an Inderbinden guy...and I thought all Aussie's played Barones.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Troy is a stunning player, great writer and it's a pleasure to hear what he's doing in the states via the web. He played a Yamaha 21 and an STM for years, sounded just as compelling with that gear as he does on the Inderbinen and (looks like) the vintage Conn he's on in some of the recent videos (and whatever mouthpiece he's using now). If you haven't, check out the video of 'The Groove Merchant', on his website & YouTube, have a listen & look, just amazing and always musical, as are his fellow musicians in the video.

As an American living in Australia, I'm continually stunned by all the amazing Aussie saxophonists (and all the other wonderful musos here) here, there are too many to list (although I've done so in previous threads)!

Troy was tearing it up long before he went to Miami, and it appears he's of course, very well received over there and having a ball. I'll look forward to hearing more from him, see where it all takes him in years to come.

cheers, DC

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,410 Posts
Yes this guy is amazing.
Saxobari

1 - 6 of 6 Posts