Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,595 Posts
I've never seen one like it but it's a student model. Probably a decent beginner horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
873 Posts
That's either an AS200 or an AS210 - their intermediate offering of the time. Yours was made in 1997 or 1998.

I don't know what the differences are between the two but the 210 replaced the 200 in late 1997/early 1998.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,285 Posts
If you want a definate model/year of production send an email with your question, voice/alto, and the serial# to Conn-Selmer.
They have a 'contact us' link on their website and will usually get back to you within a week or so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having trouble identifying a Selmer USA alto saxophone. I bought the horn used 6 or 7 years and I want to resell it on Ebay. What is the model and what is a good starting price for Ebay? Thanks for the help on my first post!

View attachment 48124
View attachment 48125
View attachment 48126
I have one just like this (serial #111xxxx) and I spent hours trying to identify it. My best guess is a AS200 based on a few pictures I've seen of the AS200 and AS210. The 210 has a circular body to bell brace, the 200 has a bar. The 210 has a wide "v" shaped high F# key, the 200 is more of an oval shape. The 210's that I've seen all have "AS210" stamped on the bell and some engraving, the 200 has no model identifier and no engraving. I've attached a pic of a 210 for comparison.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the help.

Do you have an opinion on how much it's worth? I own a better alto.
I've seen several Bundys sell for close to $500 on EBay, and assuming your sax in in good playing condition it is definitely worth more than a Bundy. Personally, I'd want $700-800 if I sold mine. However, at the moment there are two AS 210's on EBay and both have a buy it now price in the $400 range. It's a good time to buy, but a lousy time to sell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are welcome. Good luck with your sale. Despite what others on here would have you believe the Selmer USA saxes are very good instruments. My AS200 is in the shop right now having some pads replaced and I'm very anxious to get it back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts