Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over and i cant find anything on my alto.
On the bell there is a logo, its 2 ovals, the top one is smaller with a B design and the one underneath it says buescher then under that its enraved "Aristocrat". The serial(i so i think) is 643057 all help is appreciated, im just trying to figur out if its worth repadding i got if for 80 bucks the other day. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
It was made in about 1976 or 77 by Selmer USA at the old Buescher factory in Elkhart. Usually these are identical to the Model 1 Bundy. And it probably came with Selmer-style pads with plastic resonators, black rollers and stainless steel springs. It's worth about $200 in good playable condition.

Though it's a student model, these often play well and have much of the original Buescher tone. You did very well getting it for $80.

·
Out of Office
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,105 Posts
It depends on how bad the pads are. If they all need replacing, that's an overhaul for which most good techs would need to charge ay more than the value of the horn. But if it is just a few pads that are shot, then it's definitely worth getting them replaced as these horns are better than their market value would indicate.

A good tech would advise before doing any work on the cost and whether that cost is worth it given the value of the horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.