Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,690 Posts
Your startin to sound like me, simso. :)
Not really game enough to say anymore in case its written wrong, construed wrong, thought wrong or not in a text book as an approved repair method.

So yeh, FIXABLE (hope its not spelt wrong)

·
Registered
579 Posts
It would be nice to see the end result, now that we know what the before picture looked like.
Given that the "I fixed it" was posted 2 minutes after the first post, and hornfixer's reference to needing HTML, I would assume the initial fix refers to getting the picture to work in the posting, rather than repairing the instrument!!

Chris
"After repair" photos would still be nice to see

·
3,286 Posts
Not really game enough to say anymore in case its written wrong, construed wrong, thought wrong or not in a text book as an approved repair method.

So yeh, FIXABLE (hope its not spelt wrong)
Understood. Thanks for staying here as long as you did, you have been an inpiration to me. I've seen many leave for alot less.
Peace and Love to you.

·
4,690 Posts
This forum has the potenital to be one of the most informative websites for information regarding repairing, there are some very very talented people who post here, yourself included paul.. Whats the closest website as a comparison...Delphi.. I dont think it has the same potential due to the delphi design setup..

We all repair differently, we all use different materials, we should have a respect between each other, rather than use snide under handed comments, and yes Im guilty of that as well, but its usually after this bear has been poked...What shouldnt happen, is condemnation from others becuase one persons reply / method is different to anothers. If it works it works, I personally am over this passive aggressive ********, of one person deeming a method incorrect and making statements like its my duty to show other readers that this is incorrect. My reply your not really that special...""get a grip"".

Yibbida Yibbida that's all folks!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
...We all repair differently, we all use different materials,...
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Just no way the cat's going to like it. :D

I'm not even a repair tech, or even much of a saxophonist for that matter, and I didn't sleep in any hotel last night, but I am a mechanical engineer and enjoy coming in here just to read about techniques and what works or can be made to work. I hope you all will take that little tidbit on board and remember there are a lot of simple curious folk out here that like to see how things work. Keep on shining the light on the subject for us.

...should be my slogan: "If it ain't broke, take it apart and find out why."

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I think that's the nicest thing I've seen happen to a trombone in quite some time.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts