Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently Bought a Trevor James ‘The Horn’ Classic II on Ebay for £420 (Which I thought was a bargain), and upon inspection, It was in perfect condition - barely used, nice and shiny, keys working, etc.

However, after a few plays, I found an issue with the octave key mechanism becoming loose after being released. (Image 1).

When I looked at it, I found what appears to be a missing rod (or a point screw) at the bottom of the octave mechanism (Image 2), and possibly also a missing spring, where the small hole is (Image 3).

I thought that these problems might be causing the upper part of the octave mechanism to become loose, and detached from the lower part.

Does anyone know whether either of these might be the root of the problem, and if so, how fixable they are?

I am grateful for any help you can give!

Image 1 - Released.jpg

Image 2 - Screw Hole.jpg

Image 3 - Spring hole.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
JS Crescent, JS NOS, Selmer SBA, Couf Superba I, Conn, Buescher, King
1,531 Posts
Is this a repost? I think there is a thread asking this same question that was answered (including by me) previously -- maybe even regarding a horn from the same factory.

I'll revisit this if I see it again, but I think if you do a search you'll find that other thread.

·
Registered
JS Crescent, JS NOS, Selmer SBA, Couf Superba I, Conn, Buescher, King
1,531 Posts
I brought the other thread (you may recognize its author!) to the top for you. If your question's not answered, maybe clarify the confusion, and I'm sure it can get worked out by me or someone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts