Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot to ask, I know, but does anyone have a transcription of Kenny Garrett's Sing a Song of Song.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If his doesn't work for you I can scan the sheet I wrote it down on and send it to you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
lol. i find this kinda funny. The most benefit is gained from doing the transcription itself, and the tune isnt that hard. go transcribe it! its good practise all you guys asking for a copy.

if you want to be able to play a solo like kenny's on sign a song of song you have to work it out yourself, not just use the end result of someone else's work!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
lol. i find this kinda funny. The most benefit is gained from doing the transcription itself, and the tune isnt that hard. go transcribe it! its good practise all you guys asking for a copy.

if you want to be able to play a solo like kenny's on sign a song of song you have to work it out yourself, not just use the end result of someone else's work!
Not to worry. The chart I sent out is not the transcribed solo, it's the rhythm section parts and the head. I will leave the mysteries of the solo to be discovered by others. :)

That being said, I agree that transcribing solos AND tunes (the tune is easier to transcribe than the solo) is really the best way to improve your musicianship and saxophone playing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I would really appreciate getting a copy of the sheet music to Sing a Song of Song that I could distribute at a jazz jam. I will forward to you directly my email information.
Thank you for your trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts