Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transcription - Michael Brecker's Confirmation - It's LONG

https://youtu.be/7b6srk-AU4U

It was a labor of love and not perfect but I didn't want to quit on this one. I lifted this note for note off the recording. No cheating on this one. Brecker is just super human.

Sorry - I Mis-Typed Michael in the title but can't seem to change it.

·
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great job! That must have taken a ton of work. It sounds like your setup is a lot darker than Breckers was. Is that the Tenny Slant?
Same old Tenney mouthpiece. Most definitely darker then Brecker. I have noticed As I perform and hear big time players that Live tone is usually much darker then recorded or even amplified tone.

·
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. No love this one. 😢

Maybe this will fire up the thread:

Mark VI Saxophones are for losers. 😃

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Wow. No love this one. 😢

Maybe this will fire up the thread:

Mark VI Saxophones are for losers. 😃
No love? Au contraire! Tony, that's NO small feat you just pulled off! I can fairly confidently say that I couldn't memorize that whole damn thing! Question: Do you write out your transcriptions or just memorize them? Either way.....again.....impressive indeed and not for the faint of heart!
The shirt? Quite nice actually and sheesh........yeah, everyone knows VI's are for losers! :mrgreen:

John

·
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No love? Au contraire! Tony, that's NO small feat you just pulled off! I can fairly confidently say that I couldn't memorize that whole damn thing! Question: Do you write out your transcriptions or just memorize them?
I work from memory. Bob Reynolds has a whole bit about not writing out solos and force yourself to memorize. I wrote down stuff in college but that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've been a fan of MB ever since the album "Dream Suite". Infact I made a "Musician Tribute" shirt to Michael Brecker and included it in the collection. You did a great job of keeping him on our minds and in our ears. You have good ears and sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts