Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's transcription is a solo by Bob Franceschini from Victor Wooten's 2017 Release "Trypnotyx." On a personal level, Bob F. has been incredibly supportive as I recovered from back surgery 4 years ago helping me get back into the saxophone game. It was an honor working on one of his solos. It's not perfect (they never are) but I hope have captured Bob's incredible sense of groove. Enjoy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,544 Posts
Bob is super cool outside of being an amazing player the guy has a sound that can fill a football stadium. I have had the pleasure getting to know him over the past year or so.

As a shameful plug i will add that he features my sapphire sop piece and the intrepid tenor on that album

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob likes large tip mouthpieces with #5 reeds or something like that. He plays with tons of air but is still able to move around the horn and keep a nice edge to the sound.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,544 Posts
Yes he plays fence posts.

Big tips for a 4 or 5 reed but not a huge tip by other measures. Somewhere around an 8* on average.

I never tried but I seriously wonder if I could get that setup to make sound, much less music.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts