Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I list this on Ebay..... anyone got a C-melody or Tenor they'd like to trade. I really just want a wall hanger and this needs to be restored. i'LL ALSO SELL IT FOR $150 FIRM. Lacquer looks very aged, but 100% all there. The patina is beautiful IMHO. Everything is there, nothing bent or missing, no scratches, one very shallow dent near ring that's not photograph-able. Needs a good bit of tweeking, I'm sure, pads and adjusting...I'm no expert, but I do collect vintage cornets.

Here are good high resolution pics. CLICK HERE

I'm looking for a decent tenor or C melody (Bari would be awesome!) wall hanger, not a POS, just something that is roughly 20's - 50's vintage. I'd need to see good quality pics.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,646 Posts
You should post this in the Marketplace 'for sale or trade" section....I am gonna go out on a limb and say that there are a few members here with wallhanger horns in their closet.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,646 Posts
He posted on this horn earlier. It's a 50M model...the Leblanc/Conn hybrid horn (quite good, actually...better than the 14M).

This particular one is early '60's. Everything about these is solid. When setup into playing shape they are worth 3x their market value, easily. The only thing I note is that some of 'em do have a very unusual lacquer aging where it goes a coffee-chocolate sorta hue. This horn appears to have that.

Some folks like the looks...others don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts