Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought one of these Engelsflügel ( Angel's wing) from 1957 . It has a brass finish and it appears to be a closet horn with everything original including the pads.
However it is missing the front neck button screw .I think that this was a screw with a sort of trumpet button on it. Would anyone have one or know where to find one? Keilwerth did have some old parts, that I know, but since it has been bought by Buffet they became particularly irresponsive when it comes to answering mails.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i've inquired on your behalf.... i dont think you'll have much luck...IF you find one ,they'll probably ask a rediculous price....a mint wing sold recently on ebay.de for well over 100 euros! I would find a knob that looks right(those german 1 screw ligs have the same kinda knob)and have someone make you the screw

or buy a junk horn for parts...you'll hopefully get a decent spare neck outta the deal :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
I have one, Andre. PM or email me. I have a full engelsflügel for parts due to lousy tone holes. I also bought the replacement wing and pants guard in lacquered brass for that horn. Any other thing you may need are at your disposal.

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Juan, and all the other friends, nice to see how you all chip in with great advice and wanting to help, this is the great SOTW spirit!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
part of the benefit of being in "the club" :)

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
part of the benefit of being in "the club" :)
Yes, indeed, and this is one of the great things of this place. Great generosity on the parts of many! Thank you all!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I need one as well....what a coincidence. I believe i might fashion one out of a Hardware bolt thats a close or
hopefully perfect match, cut off the head and silver solder a coin to it as the new head.
I'll post a picture of it when done!

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually I think that this is a part that often needs replacing, it is not too difficult to loose it

·
4,507 Posts
on the horn I salvaged the one I'll be sending, Milandro, it was kinda "peened" it took a little force to unscrew completely.

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would make sense

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
saxhorn4 make sure its a silver coin!!! i just had a liberty dime soldered to my g# key today..works great!!!! ill be adding a slightly smaller silver coin to my bis key over the next couple o' days....i removed the pearl already and the coin will be soldered straight to the metal

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
saxhorn4 make sure its a silver coin!!! i just had a liberty dime soldered to my g# key today..works great!!!! ill be adding a slightly smaller silver coin to my bis key over the next couple o' days....i removed the pearl already and the coin will be soldered straight to the metal
Why didn't you just attach them using weatherstriping adhesive( a la Valdermort) like everybody else, silly[rolleyes]?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used a penny in making mine...just couldn't see going the extra cost {dime,nickel}
Anyway the thread dimensions are real close to 12x24..close enough that it works
and you can feel good about the fit. I obtained a bolt at my hardware store 22 cents
silver soldered on the penny...{roughly one cent} and then cut the bolt to size.
Works great , all for 23 cents in parts and 48 dollars in labour. Just kidding, i would never charge
myself that much!

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on the horn I salvaged the one I'll be sending, Milandro, it was kinda "peened" it took a little force to unscrew completely.
Unfortunately I have had to declare this kind present from my friend Juan officially gone missing! The envelope with the screw has failed to materialise and I think that it might have gone lost trapped in some postal sorting machine somewhere. I still like to acquire one, if someone has it ......please, let me know.

·
4,507 Posts
Man of little faith! :mrgreen: I sent it regular mail. I don't think it's missing, I think it's still inside the rowboat they use for regular mail to your country :bluewink:

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:) I hope so! I do have little faith in the post though! You are right! Well........it might turn up, one day, when they go look for the reason why that particular sorting machine has slowed dow :bluewink: and a (Argentinian? Dutch?) technician would pull out the envelope which is jamming it and put it in the basked for the slow boat to Europe ....... Holland, though, is the distribution centre for all the post coming from outside europe towards europe so it should have been here in 15 days tops.

·
41,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately, the envelope sent by Juan turned up at my doorstep empty (there was a hole in it from which someone had extracted the metal bit which, I think, some less than honest postal worker between Holland and Argentina stole the front screw thinking that it was something precious (and it was for me!).

Mind you is not always like that , I have just sent a very nice vintage lighter (Ronson Varaflame) to a friend of mine in Italy and it arrived safe and sound. One can never tell!

Should anyone else being able to help me , please do!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Milandro,

I do have 4 old one screw ligatures lying around...two still working and two not. Optically they seem to have a similar screw design as the Keilwerth neck screw. The two not working do have different screw bores, but I am not sure about the two working ones. I could send you all four and if you can use one screw out of it you can take it and send me back all the parts you do not need.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts