Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello blowers, I read on the website of Theo Wanne on Saxophone Mouthpiece Museum, a great page, and I quote:

"Streamline mouthpieces:
Streamline mouthpieces were made both during the Great Neck, NY and Carlsbad periods in both the Tonalin and Ebolin models. Charlie Parker supposedly played a Tonalin Streamline on alto during a period of his career. The body and chamber of these mouthpieces is a bit thinner and narrower than their counterparts. Hence, they also have a bit narrower and more focused sound as well. "

With permission from Theo, I disagree with that statement.
The Tonalin is a mouthpiece that has a beautiful sound velvety, smooth as silk, but with little projection.

The Streamline is a mouthpiece with a powerful sound, and is as easy as versatile and very very agile.
I have a some wonderful mouthpieces as a Meyer NY or a Guardala Handmade original (pink patch, not LT), and I must say that Streamline is one of the best alto mouthpieces I've tried.

I had a Tonalin many years and have played several, but the Streamline is something special.
I have only tested mine, but it is fabulous.

:tweety:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And for the record that isn't a subjective opinion, just watch the rollover is the Streamline (greater than Meyer), while Tonalin just have.

:tweety:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts