Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
10MFAN MOUTHPIECES "Innovation over imitation"
15,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richies always fun for me to listen to. Great playing, funny and smart quotes, fantastic energy, and the band is always listening and going with the flow no matter where it goes.

Haven't listened to him in a little bit, so its been very fun today. He always makes me smile.

·
15,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool!
I got to hang with him one night in the 80's, and it was a blast. So great to meet one of your favorite players and not be disappointed. He was cool and fun, and that memory will last with me forever.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,409 Posts
Richies always fun for me to listen to. Great playing, funny and smart quotes, and the band is always listening and going with the flow no matter where it goes.

Haven't listened to him in a little bit, so its been very fun today. He always makes me smile.

That vid is a classic! Richie and Alto Madness were really putting jazz back on the map in the '80's such a great band and Mr Cole is one great alto player!

·
15,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amen to that. THEY ARE JUST PLAIN OLD FUN TO LISTEN TO!!!!!

·
15,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that guy taught a debating class at the Trump Institute.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I met Richie in 1987 in London and he was really cool. Crazily, I'd seen that Vanguard concert on tv only by recording the wrong channel on vhs, and Richie happened to be over in London a few months later. When I met him, Richie patiently listed all the players to listen to-Stitt, Phil, Papa Lou etc.
That was totally the night I became a musician, didn't sleep a wink afterwards-I've always felt grateful to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts