Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Ipanema tenor today! Its got the abalone pearls, decent engraving. The action is in dire need of adjusting, and its kinda stuffy as you go down through the right hand and feels leaky, so I dropped it off at my local gurus shop for a total tweaking. Initially, it plays nice and even and fun. The tone is not too dark, since I was playing it with a rubber link thats a hair on the tubby side. Its definitly not fair to judge it before I get it back from the shop. But the octaves are good, there is nothing out of wack with the intonation. Next week I will give a more detailed review of this nice new sax from the company that makes horns for P. Mauriat and I think Cannonball too as well as others. The second neck that came with this sax (I got it on Ebay) is a gold plated Ponzol thats just fabulous! I have tried it on my Mk Vl, and hells bells, I actually think it might be a shade than the orig 86K neck! More to come folks.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
258 Posts
Thanks, Larry. I look forward to your full review!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I also picked up an Alto w/ the blue abalone keys last week (from same seller!)
A friend of mine has the tk melody tenor (same as yours) after initial set-up and tweaking, his tk is his main gigging horn.
I should be getting mine today or monday! Oh Joy!

Looking forward to your review

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
1,555 Posts
LateNiteSax said:
The second neck that came with this sax (I got it on Ebay) is a gold plated Ponzol thats just fabulous!
I was tempted to bid on that very same auction, then passed because I presently have way too many tenors (though just one taiwanese).
The seller is a very honest and courteous guy, I bought my B&S 2001 3 years ago from him for 1200$ and was like new and also in great adjustment.
Seems he is starting a partnership with TK Melody and can also accept custom orders. I would not hesitate to buy from him, actually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts