Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
my bari is school owned and nearly 20 years old.
being school owned and 20 years old its got the crap beat out of it.
so has the case, the case is in fine condition but after awhile the case will push the keys out of alignment and i have to take it back to the shop to align or ask one of my instructors for help. if you could please tell me how to keep this from happening i would be very appreciative

Selmer Bundy Baritone Saxophone (nickname "P.O.S.")
in original case (poor condition)
use: MARCHING

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Do you know the difference between a school bari sax and a garbage truck?

One is a large heavy scum covered metal object with dents in it, and the other is a sanitation vehicle. :mrgreen:

The best advice I can give any student is to either have the instrument in your hands or in its case at all times. It is when the instrument is set down on the:

-chair
-stage
-bleachers
-football field
-table
-desk
-parking lot
-etc.

that damage occurs. Even when it is in the case, do not drop the case or bang it around as that can cause it to go out of adjustment just as quickly. Literally treat it like a big ugly baby and you should do fine. P.O.S - B.U.B.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,329 Posts
…after awhile the case will push the keys out of alignment and i have to take it back to the shop…
Try to figure out which keys are getting bent. A bit of styrofoam and bubblewrap can do wonders. Find some heavy duty styro like the kind that comes with a new computer. You can cut it and glue it in place. Many times, a case is actually too large and the horn ends up moving around inside. That is not good. Take special care that the highest keycups (above high C) are not getting bent.

If this sounds confusing, take the horn and the case to a sax repairperson and they can help you "fix" the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, i understand what all of you are saying.

me and my friends that play bari nicknamed it fully as the SB-POS.

thank you for the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts