Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite sax pros is award-winning Grace Kelly, a friend, colleague & excellent teacher. Here she is playing sop live on the street with helpful tips, cool video:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I just found that on Sunday. So good. I couldn't even walk up Lombard St., much less play while doing so!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was fully expecting to learn that the 1950s actress-and-princess had another hidden talent. Kinda disappointed really. Ah well...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I first heard of Grace in a Harry Bosch novel. Then I saw her playing in an episode of the Bosch tv show. It takes some lungs to walk up Lombard St, dancing and playing a sax. Impressive.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
To be young and springy - I miss those days. Definitely has some skills.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks!!!! I’ll be showing this to my jazz combo tomorrow.

A fabulous teaching tool!!!

We had a blast, and quite a few laughs, sequencing the lick over Mr. PC today.
(high school kids)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,073 Posts
I'm glad to see Grace getting some positive recognition here! She's an extremely nice human being and a very gifted musician, clearly. Plus, she has great taste in musicians... pretty much her whole band consists of some of my really close friends who also happen to be some of the best musicians I've ever met (Ross Pederson, Julia Adamy, Julian "J3P0" Pollack, Pete McCann... look them up, they're all fantastic). And she's providing a lot of solid work for them. Good for her for doing what she does!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Check out her other videos, she has lots. Mainly I love how much fun she has when she plays. She really seems to enjoy it and that joy makes her more engaging to watch.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,939 Posts

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Great sound and ideas! I remember the vide of her and Phil Woods and Phil puts his hat on her at the end of her solo. She was 13 or 14 I think at the time??

Nevermind: found it

- Saxaholic

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,786 Posts
Good to see many of the people enjoying it and being entertained. Need more of this everywhere to spread the different sounds of the sax :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts