Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an "Ebay Special" Brilhart Ebolin that came with a fairly small/shallow chip in the tip. I've tried original "slow-cure" JB Weld twice, but it comes out very easily. My thoughts:
1) I didn't let it cure long enough,
2) High humidity affected the cure,
3) The chipped area is too smooth and the JB Weld can't get a good hold, or
4) Original JB Weld doesn't like plastic.

Can anyone speak to any of these? Is there a non-toxic alternative to JB Weld that would adhere better?

I'll try to post a photo if I can get a decent one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
JB Weld makes PlasticWeld. Perhaps you should try that instead. Clean/degrease the surface well before epoxy use.

If that doesn't work, perhaps practicing long tones will help....................(joking)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB Weld makes PlasticWeld. Perhaps you should try that instead. Clean/degrease the surface well before epoxy use.

If that doesn't work, perhaps practicing long tones will help....................(joking)
I was under the impression that the PlasticWeld wasn't non-toxic, even when dry. I have some that I've used in another application, but while it's a tiny amount, this would spend quite a bit of time in my mouth so I'd prefer something that hopefully won't kill me.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a Blackwoodjoe special? The baffle looks strange, like epoxy.
LOL no, that's all original. If it looks odd, it's due to crappy lighting, crappier photography skills, and the awkwardness of trying to take odd-angle pics on my iPad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts