Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many things about Morgan mouthpieces and finally decided to take the plunge. I ordered a Vintage 7 and a Jazz 7L from Junkdude music and they came in yesterday. I also ordered directly from Jody Jazz for a HR 7* which will be here next week. I received the Morgan's yesterday and have this to say. WOW. I tried the Vintage piece at first and was impressed at the tone, sound and the ability to really give the sound an edge when pushed. The mouthpiece did not prove to have alot of resistance as I have seen in some. I really liked this mouthpiece on my Yani T992. Now for the real deal, I tried the Jazz 7L and really really enjoyed the sound that was coming from my horn. It is amazing that this piece will sound controlled and able to play a ballad all the way to screaming loud almost as if it were a metal piece. I think with the variety and tonal quality that this by far is one of the best pieces I have played. I will update next week when the Jody Jazz comes in. I have so far been very impressed with Jody and what he does. (he talks to you personally if you call his company). Any I currently own a HR6* for my Conn 6M. I am sure it will be a fine piece and it will be tough to decide which one to keep. :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To update: After trying out all three pieces I have decided to stay with the Morgan Jazz. In order of my preference. 1. Morgan Jazz 7L 2. JodyJazz HR 3. Morgan Vintage. BTW the Jodyjazz was very very good and it would definitely be a good piece to have, however it could not match the power of the Morgan Jazz. Both have excellent tonal qualities and both play very easily however I think the Morgan Jazz is overall the tops.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The JodyJazz tenor mouthpieces I have played are very well made, but seem to have a high volume/power/ projection limitation, when compared to the other pieces I have tried ( except for the JJ classic). But, I'll never part with my ESP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts