Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STUDENTS...we'll be playing selected music for this workshop.

The Tim Price Adventures In Jazz Workshop Series at Berks Jazz Festival at Boscovs East. Sunday March 27 th at 12 noon. Any student may bring their horn and sit in. (Students only)

Playing jazz should be just as natural and relaxed as talking. This is saxophonist Tim Price’s philosophy.

Price is hosting a free workshop with a focus on blues and standards for students interested in furthering their jazz skills.

He will be joined by bassist Bruce Ketterer and former student alto saxophonist Nathan Bellott, as well as other hand-picked musicians, in offering students a fun and relaxing way to increase their knowledge of jazz.

“Jazz In the Classroom at Boscov’s East,” part of Price’s Adventures in Jazz series, is an homage to the masters he associated with at Berklee College of Music in Boston.

Tim Price’s mission is to promote jazz education and performance.

The band with tim on this workshop is;

Nathan Bellott, saxophone
Charlie Sigler, guitar
Bruce Ketterer, bass
Aaron Seeber, drums

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=42047667201&topic=14780#!/event.php?eid=195027223853962

Tunes that we will be playing are ; " In Walked Bud" -" Goodbait"- and " Blues In The Closet"> Key of G - plus working on I Got Rhythm changes on "Calling Dr. Jazz" by Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis / Key of Eb and "Swingin' With Diane" by Art Pepper / Key Bb.

Lead sheets are going to be available on these-from me at the day of the workshop- ask me.

If your a student, and these songs appeal to you and you are interested, stop by sign in and play.

My agenda is to raise the educational bar for students in jazz by selecting some music that is fun- and I can be of assistance to you with in every aspect. See you there!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tim, it was nice to meet you at this workshop. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give this free workshop and the Mini concert. I did talk with a couple of the guys afterwards and they were glad that they were there. I look forward to seeing more of these in the future.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim, it was nice to meet you at this workshop. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give this free workshop and the Mini concert. I did talk with a couple of the guys afterwards and they were glad that they were there. I look forward to seeing more of these in the future.
Likewise! Thank you..I just saw this post! That was a fun day. There will be more! See you soon!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts