Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to report I had my LA Sax 9 refaced to match more closely to my main piece, an LA Sax 8. First let me say David was very fast with communication and his turn around time was very fast. His price was very reasonable too...plus he replated the mouthpiece (silver) in the areas he worked on.

I like the refaced piece better than my original....which I wasn't counting on...I just wanted a good quality backup in case I dropped the #8. I am very pleased with my experience with David Spiegelthal and highly recommend him.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am fortunate to live less than 2 hours from Dave. I'm trying to save my pennies to have him work some magic on my Kohlert57 tenor. I can't wait!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,184 Posts
Thanks for the nice words, y'all! I'm still refacing, just had to get over my "customer-instigated hissy fit" of a couple of years back. Have developed a thicker skin since then. I enjoy refacing and would do more of it if I had the time, but as the other refacers know this is not a real lucrative skill and 'doing it right' takes time. This forum is not the place for advertising or self-promotion so I will sign off now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts