Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sax quartet i play in. Thrascher, will be in residence at the Texas-All Star Jazz Camp, July 15-20. The camp is held in Plano, TX at Collin County Community College. The faculty big band does a concert each night, and Thrascher usually does a tune on each concert. Sometimes we're given a full or half evening to do an extended Thrasching.

I'll try to post as details emerge.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey All!

We'll be thrasching tomorrow night, Wednesday, July 18, at 8pm.
We're in the John Anthony Theater at Collin County Community College in Plano.

Admission is Free!

We'll be premiering a brand new thing, including a dramatic reading of Dr. Seuss' "Yertle the Turtle" with plenty of shenanigans.

Hope to see you there...

(Brian, I'll be coming through Denton Friday night...maybe we can hook up for a quick beverage somewhere...)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,073 Posts
I think drinks and pool may be on the menu for Friday night, Kostur, if you think you can still hang North Texas style. I'm not saying I can. But I'd be curious to see what past generations can bring to the table. With the likes of Wayne Delano and Craig Marshall, I have a general idea.

But I'm coming to Albuquerque on Sunday. If you're back there then, let me know what's going on, I'd be sad to miss a session or a good show. Gimme a shout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts