Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there any good of it? I was looking in the catalogue model "THOMANN VINTAGE TENORSAXOPHON COPPER". Its very cheap, so is it also very bad?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Do a search on Chinese saxophones and you will find the answer (or not ;) )

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,903 Posts
saxlinux, can you share a little more info on your sax, and perhaps about yourself?

and

Welcome to SOTW.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts
saxlinux said:
Hello Carl H.

My name is Axel. I'm 57 old. I'm a French professional oboe player and saxophone is my hobby. I was playing alto saxophone for 3 years and I just started with tenor now. My alto is a Keilwerth Toneking and MPC Selmer SuperSession E. Professionally, I'm playing mostly classical music, so I like to play jazz with the saxophone.
I'm sorry that my English is not good, but I hope you understand me.
Welcome Axel. I'm trying a vintage copper soprano sax modeled after the SC901 and from China. The dealer sent it to me to try. My goodness it plays wonderfully and is a mere $600. I haven't run it past my tech yet, but the Chinese have come a long way judging from this instrument.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,903 Posts
saxlinux said:
Hello Carl H.

My name is Axel. I'm 57 old. I'm a French professional oboe player and saxophone is my hobby. I was playing alto saxophone for 3 years and I just started with tenor now. My alto is a Keilwerth Toneking and MPC Selmer SuperSession E. Professionally, I'm playing mostly classical music, so I like to play jazz with the saxophone.
I'm sorry that my English is not good, but I hope you understand me.
Your English is far better than my French, and actually much better than a few English speaking posters you will likely encounter around here. That Keilwerth is a very nice horn. I was in a similar situation, playing violin professionally and using sax as a recreational outlet to keep my sanity from some of those interminable conductors who are out there (in more ways than one!).

How would you compare the Thomann's build quality and sound characteristics with the Toneking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts