Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello sax "heads". Two days ago i ordered this flute,although i play the alto sax (i practice alto with a tutor for the last 6 months,which means i am still a freshman),because i like so much classical music along with jazz!

Does anybody know if this flute is in a standard way acceptable as an instrument?
Well sometimes i get disappointed with sax,because it's a long way to achieve a good tone.Well i only play 6 months,but i was wondering if i could manage something better on flute (without a tutor).

My teacher said that sax and flute are on the same level of difficulty.He said that the clarinet is the hardest woodwind.

Billy

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,289 Posts
I can't tell from the website but it looks like a standard Asian student flute. Make sure it is good adjustment and ready to play and you should be OK. They sell in the US for about $150-200US. Have a flute player try it to make sure it is working well.

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't tell from the website but it looks like a standard Asian student flute. Make sure it is good adjustment and ready to play and you should be OK. They sell in the US for about $150-200US. Have a flute player try it to make sure it is working well.
Do you believe i can blow without a tutor?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,289 Posts
You will need at least a basic instruction. First practice blowing on a beer bottle until you get a sound. Same idea for the flute head.

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need at least a basic instruction. First practice blowing on a beer bottle until you get a sound. Same idea for the flute head.
Thanks for the reply!!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,713 Posts
Well sometimes i get disappointed with sax,because it's a long way to achieve a good tone...
Want instant good tone? Buy a piano. :twisted:

If your teacher tells you that sax and flute are similarly difficult, why start over on another instrument? You need to commit to something.

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Want instant good tone? Buy a piano. :twisted:

If your teacher tells you that sax and flute are similarly difficult, why start over on another instrument? You
need to commit to something.
Yes but sax hasn't classical repertoire...flute has a lot.That's my main idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts