Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator Emeritus
2,894 Posts
One of the blossoming business ventures on the web these days is to buy domains. That way, when someone comes along and wants that domain, they can charge you more than what you'd get from a regular hosting service (godaddy, small orange, etc.). I know of one in particular that pays people to sit around and come up with domain names that someone *might* want to buy someday. One of the big trends right now is www.firstnamelastname.com Just glad my name isn't common enough for someone to have purchased it. Also helps that I bought it almost four years ago, before this was a 'business.'

· Administrator Emeritus
2,894 Posts
Enviroguy said:
I actually own the domains of my last name with .net, .us, .info and .cc. But I don't own the .com version. Some distant cousin of mine has been setting on that one for the last ten years. But I use the .net domain for my emails and website.
Just searched for my last name, and while it didn't give an exact price, the *suggested* bid was just over $11,000. No thanks. It'd be cheaper to change my name to something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.