Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of selling my Jupiter JBS-893 Baritone. What should I ask for it?

IMG_1073.JPEG IMG_1074.JPEG IMG_1075.JPEG IMG_1076.JPEG IMG_1077.JPEG IMG_1078.JPEG IMG_1079.JPEG IMG_1080.JPEG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did I do something wrong here? Did I violate SOTW etiquette? No replies?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like, is this a $500 horn? $1k? $1.5k?

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
You should be able to get 1500 for it. I have owned the 869 alto and 889 tenor. They are excellent horns. However just this last week I played anew 1100 bari and was not very impressed. My bari experience with low A is not very extensive and have been trying a few lately. Considering a new 1100 is around 4k, this is probably a better horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,177 Posts
I’d first go over it with a polishing cloth, take good pics and post for $2000 plus shipping.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,497 Posts
Ahhhh...NICE horns.

I’d first go over it with a polishing cloth, take good pics and post for $2000 plus shipping.
Yes, get a silver polishing cloth and polish it up. Then take pics with daylight, no flash.

Here are some ended auctions on eFlay - looks like Jerry ain't too off there, one like yours went for $1800 on auction, so an asking price of $2g if it has no issues and plays decently is not unreasonable.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...c=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1

If you needed to liquidate it quickly, however, $1600 would probably get you your cash faster.

Did I do something wrong here? Did I violate SOTW etiquette? No replies?
Not at all. This Forum is snooty as hell when it comes to Jupiters. Particularly hypocritical considering most of those folks never tried one....

·
Registered
725 Posts
When I see these types of posts (“what should I ask for this horn?”) I suspect that the poster is fishing for offers to buy the horn. It looks like a nice horn, and not particularly rare, so it shouldn’t be too hard for you to look at other sales of these and similar horns to get a rough idea of their market value. It is against forum rules for a member here to make an offer to buy it in a PM to you, and you will need to get almost double of your numbers of posts to be able to see and then put it for sale on the very rudimentary SOTW marketplace section. Right now a better option would probably put your question and photos on one of the many Facebook saxophone groups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts