Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
SOTW Administrator
26,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just visited the new website. Interesting stuff. Much improved vintage mouthpiece page(s).

Be sure to read his blog. Whoa!

Amma--whaddyall think?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Quiet honestly Hakukani, I'm too happy with my RPCs to change over to some shiny mouthpiece :p ;)

Cool website, lots of information.

Guess you have nothing to do this late at night? :) Then again it's 4 a.m. here what am I doing...good night

·
Registered
495 Posts
can we have the web address please

·
Distinguished Colorful Mouthpiece Designer
1,019 Posts
Impressive !!!
:shock:

Stan

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,072 Posts
Great website. A lot of great info. I hope he has controls on the posting and forum so jerks don't drive him crazy. I've seen that happen to other great players that tried to do websites and it becomes to much of a hassle. I feel a wave of GAS while looking at that new mouthpiece.:D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,265 Posts
It seems to me that if you vanish from the face of the earth for several years, turn up in northern Washington state and stop doing what you've been know for you should have something that is a little bit more exciting than what appears to be a Jody Jazz/Lawton that will likely will cost an arm and a leg. I've been hearing about these new pieces for a long time and I'm a little non-plussed.
I realize that this won't be a popular point of view but I'm just curious why the reason for the hype?
That being said, the site is excellently done with a ton of great information.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Chicken 'Lil said:
It seems to me that if you vanish from the face of the earth for several years, turn up in northern Washington state and stop doing what you've been know for you should have something that is a little bit more exciting than what appears to be a Jody Jazz/Lawton that will likely will cost an arm and a leg. I've been hearing about these new pieces for a long time and I'm a little non-plussed.
I realize that this won't be a popular point of view but I'm just curious why the reason for the hype?
Ditto.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
The reason for the hype is the hype; it's marketing. He wants to sell a bunch of mouthpieces, so he gets us all worked up and this thread and our posts are a part of it! I will add this: I've had dealings with Theo and he does great work and is quite honest. And the info/pics on the website are awesome.....daryl

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,308 Posts
Chicken 'Lil said:
The hype is deserved because of the reputation Theo has created based on his quality work. Making a useful website is an honest way to sell mouthpieces. ...it's not like he suddenly came here and began a posting campaign about his mouthpieces.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Chicken 'Lil said:
A lot of bile here. Why?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chicken 'Lil said:
You might want to read his blog.

And seriously--isn't JodyJazz just a one off of a Runyon? And everyone else a one off of MeYers and Links?:twisted:

·
SOTW Administrator
26,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CountSpatula said:
Quiet honestly Hakukani, I'm too happy with my RPCs to change over to some shiny mouthpiece :p ;)

Cool website, lots of information.

Guess you have nothing to do this late at night? :) Then again it's 4 a.m. here what am I doing...good night
I quite agree. I am totally off metal pieces. Doesn't mean I'm not curious, though.

Remember, I'm 5 hours behind you;) You're the one that was up late.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Theo is back....and apparently all the good SOTW'ers have been prepped and stroked and ready to OPEN UP THEIR WALLETS & give him ALL their DOUGH!!!!

You guyz are frothin' at the mouth for dis stuff.

Get it! Gettit! Come'n gettit!

Be the first on yo block!

Soon Theo will have a treasure room to rival Scrooge McDuck's from all the money he's gonna take from youse guyz.

Smart guy!

Its all there for the pickin's, Mr. Wanne.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Go THEO!!!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts