Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering if anybody else is experiencing what im dealing with on the Shiva HR alto sax piece. I like this piece a lot it gives great projection, sound and a really great altissimo but I find it really resistant. Is anybody else dealing with this problem with this piece. Or if anybody out there could give me a reason its so resistant. My guess is the short facing has something to do with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I doubt it but I have not measured one. I have measure many other Wanne’s and they did not have short facings. Most have fantastic facings. But occasionally one gets sent out that is a little off. I would need to measure yours to see what you are up against.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,917 Posts
Im just wondering if anybody else is experiencing what im dealing with on the Shiva HR alto sax piece. I like this piece a lot it gives great projection, sound and a really great altissimo but I find it really resistant.
9 is huge for an alto, I wonder how many other people would use such a huge facing on alto to be able to answer this.

But if you are used to big tips like that on alto, then are you sating it's resistant compared to other mouthpieces with similar facings? If so then it could either be the chamber or maybe there is an issue with it. A short facing will be more resistant IMO but I think the Theo Wanne site says the opposite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts