Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've been excited to try the Gaia 3 after reading Neff's review, and I just got an HR and a metal in today (both 7*).

Wow! I can see why Steve likes this so much. It has a very link-like vibe, but I can push it much more, and the response is really great! I was getting a bit of a chirp at first, but I adjusted my reed a little to better match the tip of the mouthpiece, and it made all the difference.

I like this one enough that I'm going to take it on a louder gig, and see if I can push it enough to hang in a louder environment. If it can, I'll be happy to recommend it as a great "do everything" working musician's mouthpiece.

Here's a clip from the first 10 minutes of trying it. I added a little reverb, but no EQ'ing.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Were you able to try it out on the louder gig? What are your thoughts?

Hey All,

I've been excited to try the Gaia 3 after reading Neff's review, and I just got an HR and a metal in today (both 7*).

Wow! I can see why Steve likes this so much. It has a very link-like vibe, but I can push it much more, and the response is really great! I was getting a bit of a chirp at first, but I adjusted my reed a little to better match the tip of the mouthpiece, and it made all the difference.

I like this one enough that I'm going to take it on a louder gig, and see if I can push it enough to hang in a louder environment. If it can, I'll be happy to recommend it as a great "do everything" working musician's mouthpiece.

Here's a clip from the first 10 minutes of trying it. I added a little reverb, but no EQ'ing.

Let me know what you think!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts