Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks, Skip, for taking the time and effort to help us all out with your impressions and examples. I thought the first Amma really sounded the best, even though, as everyone else says, it's very very close. But the gold Amma just seemed to have the most color and stability. The silver seemed to thin out a bit hearing it in this close comparison. The Amma sounded more like a great Link even than the Link!

Thanks for that terrific playing, too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Skip, you've done us all a fine service. Thank you being so generous with your time, for us as well as for Theo...a great craftsman and just as fine a human being. Also for your beautiful playing. You've answered a huge curiosity many of us have had about this mouthpiece we've been hearing about for so long, and it's probably not fair to ask more than that. Many people have already posted that they now know whether or not the $650 price is worth spending. I wonder how long it takes many of us here to spend that on beer...or a few tanks full of gas.

The contribution you've made is what this forum is all about. You've helped us learn something new, and I hope you'll continue to participate and contribute. As much as your enthusiasm for a new mouthpiece is apparent, it seems you value good will even more so. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.