Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
The differences I heard were, in the same order as posted, a decreasing brightness and edge to the sound. If I was going to buy a Wanne Link I just saved myself some coin because for my taste #3 had the best sound; a little fuller and richer. But then that's because I don't like that bright, buzzy kind of sound that sounds like it comes from the tip of the mpc and not the fullness of the entire mpc and horn. Personal, I know.

Another observation. It makes me wonder what differences there are at all between using an AMMA vs other mpcs of the same type and sound. In this case, what would seem to me most important, by comparison to other brand mpcs, is the mpc's response and playability; meaning, does this mpc give a quicker and more agile response than others that might sound the same but be, by comparison, a bit sluggish.

And of course, there's the ultimate test and that can't be demonstrated in such sound bites as above, and that's what it sounds in various ensembles and, importantly, what you are hearing when you are playing it in an ensemble. For example, I prefer #3 but if I was in a setting that was typical of the kind of blowing I would do, would I be able to hear myself on #3 as well as on #2 or #1.

At any rate, thanks for taking the time to give this pre-review and make the recordings; much appreciated.

·
27,647 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Daryl. Would you mind saying a few words about it's characteristics (perhaps compared to other name mpcs)?

·
27,647 Posts
Thanks, Daryl.

·
27,647 Posts
sorry; misunderstood the above post.

·
27,647 Posts
fballatore said:
Theo -Wow. What a well thought out and comprehensive post. You've answered many questions. Thanks for that...Your input here is much appreciated.
I've got nothing more to add than that. Thanks for taking the time, Theo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.