Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLpO26oiqE&mode=related&search=

I came across this video - the band is cooking, then the keyboard solo comes up and i couldnt contain my laughter. It made me wonder :

What is under the keyboard thats giving the keyboard these expressions?

So I give it to the masses... (martysax will no doubt "nail" this one) keeping it clean is advised :p

·
Registered
627 Posts
It looks to me as though this poor fellow is doing an admirable job playing his solo fighting some dislodged contact lenses.

·
Registered
784 Posts
This confirms my theory that in order to be able to play chords with your left hand while your right hand is taking a solo, you have to be insane.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
that's the classic "piano face" disease, related in part to the classic rock "guitar face" ailment. A distant relative to the "Bass player grunt syndrome", that seems to be so prevalent. Unfortunately there is no cure, though there has been some success with the G-man treatments, where the patient is subjected to elevator music therapy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
The camera crew must have had some history with this guy - note that none of the other musicians got the Extreme Closeup treatment.

I enjoyed the two tenors. Thanks for that.

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
jimmehMarkVI said:
What is under the keyboard thats giving the keyboard these expressions?

So I give it to the masses... (martysax will no doubt "nail" this one) keeping it clean is advised :p

I thought I saw him hit a fourth pedal labelled "Electrolux!"

But seriously folks;

I once played in an experimental (mostly mental) trio including me on woodwinds, a guitarist playing an un-tuned vintage Les Paul, and a drummer who had a similar "Electrolux" pedal which operated a vintage Electrolux cannister-style vaccuum amplified through a wah wah and distortion effects box. He called it his "Ambient noise generator."

Honestly, my life is funny enough, I don't make this stuff up!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Jebtha said:
"B3 Face" may be an even more severe affliction.. I saw this guy (Tony Monaco) a couple of years ago with Red Holloway and Plas Johnson (& Lewis Nash on drums).. great show and Tony was in top form, playing-wise and expression-wise.
thanks for that video! awsome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts