Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share pictures of that poor specimen with you. It`s just crazy how beaten up such a high class sax can be...

Unfortunately i don`t know the exact history - All i know is that it stood in an painters atelier for some years.
It looks like it was once almost completely covered in brown paint, then somebody decided to sand or scratch it down or dragged it behind a car….
It also has multiple dents, including bell and bell to body brace.

I`m really looking forward to geht that sax back into playing condition.
I think i`ll do a matt-brushed finish to cover up the myriads of scratches…

Btw. It`s a late modell with a conventional right-hand pinky mechanism.

View attachment 240326 View attachment 240328 View attachment 240330 View attachment 240332 View attachment 240322 View attachment 240324 View attachment 240320

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
667 Posts
Just put a Klangbogen on it, and it will sound great! I'm not sure which finish would be best, though.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Just put a Klangbogen on it, and it will sound great! I'm not sure which finish would be best, though.
Metallurgical finishes:

Distinct metallurgical finishes give various sound response and feel.

Distressed Finish: Makes your saxophone actually cry for help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That poor S1... I've been playing Bari a lot lately, so my S1 Tenor has not been getting much attention, I should get it out and tell it that it's loved, appreciated, and that I will never let anyone harm it like that one has been! LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*update*

The overhaul is done...took me countless hours, but it was absolutely worth it. Now (imho) it still looks vintage, but classy.
A very sweet sounding, rather polite horn - really dig the sound and ergonomics.

More pictures will follow...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,927 Posts
<applause>

·
Registered
299 Posts
Now that's a turn around! Good on ya.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awesome job on the restoration and the "new" horn! I am sure the horn is very appreciative to be off that wall and singing again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very Nice Job! Glad to see the S1 was brought back to life!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts