Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any free alternatives to the tuning cd. I've heard great things about it but I have little to no cash right now, but I still want to work on my intonation.

Thank you guys
Luis R. Robles.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Never heard of this "tuning CD". Care to explain what this is? Wouldn't you just go get a tuner and use your ear? Maybe record yourself doing long tones?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I haven't actually heard it but from reviews and descriptions I take it it's recordings of drones. And the drones are interesting because they have harmonics built in them. So instead of tuning one note you can tune that whole chord or practice harmonizing lines.

thetuningcd.com said:
How does The Tuning C.D. work?
Put The Tuning C.D. in any C.D. player. Press Play. On track 1 you will hear a unique overtone series in the key of C.

Blend your instrument with The Tuning C.D. and you will instantly hear waves, called beats. Simply adjust your pitch to get rid of the beats. After one to two weeks of regular use, one will clearly notice a more discriminant ear.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Go to Matt Otto's website and listen to the drones their. They can be downloaded for free. That's what I use for my practice of intonation, long tones and overtones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts