Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has tried this? I can't find much discussion on this site. I tried the GetASax reso chamber C-melody piece. It was good, but I ended up returning it, since I had two other things that worked better for me, but I'm still looking for the perfect C-Melody piece! Saxquest has a 10% restocking fee, which seems a bit steep, so thought I'd ask first if anyone has tried the thing and, if so, what their impressions were. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU! I actually already had a Phil-Tone Saphire that I was trying to sell. I put it on the C-melody and it works wonderfully, so I rushed to remove the listing :) You made my day!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't find any review myself on the web, but it does sound great and plays in tune. I remember putting it on when I first got the horn and wasn't convinced it would work, so I put it away. But now that I am hearing and 'voicing' things correctly on the C-melody, it plays great.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
37,488 Posts
I didn't find any review myself on the web, but it does sound great and plays in tune. I remember putting it on when I first got the horn and wasn't convinced it would work, so I put it away. But now that I am hearing and 'voicing' things correctly on the C-melody, it plays great.
Which Sapphire are you using? Did you ask Phil to make you one for the C melody sax, or is an for alto or tenor?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the tenor Sapphire. Only a couple hours playing it so far, but I'm finding it plays really well in tune--even better than the c-melody pieces I have (or have tried). The palm key high F is spot on (which is often flat), and the left hand C and C# (and Bb) are all slotting in nicely. And it's tone can go from the "classic" vintage c-melody sound to something with a bit more edge and projection. Really enjoying it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts