Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is our maiden voyage at the Spanish Ballroom at Glen Echo, Md. We're a 16 piece big band doing alot of jump blues, rockabilly, New Orleans RnB, and standard big band material. High energy stuff. If you can take the heat come out and check us out. Admission is $15 and we hit at 9:00 PM.--RS (I'm Randy Small the bari player).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Are you guys really toast, or just drink a lot?

·
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of us have been known to have a nip now and then. But not so much that we'd have to call ourselves the Blotto Band.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Sounds like a fun outfit, have fun RS.

·
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gig went pretty well. We were a little tense the first set but by the second set we'd settled down and were smokin' pretty good. Feedback was positive. Hopefully we'll start to get some more gigs.

·
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We haven't got the bread yet but I don't expect to make alot. A hot night in a non air conditioned room kept the crowd down. But we're just trying to get this thing off the ground. We might scale back to a ten piece for future gigs. That makes more sense anyway for a band playing mostly jump blues and rockabilly. Though the Brian Setzer stuff might sound better with the full big band. Personally I think a horn section of alto, tenor, bari, trumpet, and bone is the perfect size.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Well... It is what it is... If you had fun and learned something, it's a win. For that matter if you had fun and even lost a few brain cells, it's a win. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts