Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, I've never seen anyone with as much stage presence and power as Joshua Redman other maybe Sonny Rollins. He's truly one of a kind; his live performances eclipse his album recordings by light years.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thats just feeling good and loving what you do. Imho live jazz performances are always better than studio dates. My two cents............

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
James Cart has more stage presence imho.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, James Carter is something else, man. I love the "Eastwood After Hours: Live At Carnegie Hall" concert. That "Straight, No Chaser/Now's The Time" featuring Redman and Carter is crazy hot. :blob:

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
gerald albright always has the audience eating out of his hands, and he is bald and overweight!

·
Registered
177 Posts
speaking of stage presence, has anyone ever seen a saxophonist with ridiculous stage presence? i remember once i was at a jam session in munich, germany and this one sax player leading the session (god, i wish i could remember his name but it was over 2 years ago when i saw him), would sometimes take a knee while he played his solo. then, when he'd finish a solo, he'd look like this guy...

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-155...-with-a-yes-or-winning-gesture-in-nature.html

he'd be like "yes! i won!" like it was a gameshow or something. i felt bad because i'd laugh at him sometimes because i couldn't contain myself, it just became too much to watch. well, because of that and i had been awake for almost 24 hours and was drunk so pretty much anything became funny. it wasn't like he was a terrible player but it just seemed ridiculous because he wasn't that great of a player either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts