Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Some may find Dave's humor to be a bit puerile and I guess it's a matter of taste. I've complimented him for his gracious and good manners here as well as treating us with some fine playing. The ligature video he did really interested me and we mutually agreed to the hair tie/scrunchy sounding the best. SteveS, do you think one can make a political statement here when it is needed? I personally find the red cap objectionable and if Dave will clearly explain that it has no political leaning or inference, I would gladly welcome it. This is, after all, a thread about slogans and not about the tail wagging the dog, so to speak.

Gotta say that Dave P's Facebook posts are pure gold, and good examples of what you CAN do with social media. I like the "serious" video clips, as well as the unique humor pieces, like the "Will it Play?" series.

It's nice to see social media used for something other than the usual political p1$$ing matches.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I agree, which is why a fair moderator could and should take a post down as they did with the one I had on this thread. Yes it was thinly veiled sarcasm and a bit derisive, but that hat really gets a lot of people thinking that it is not apolitical.
So, how 'bout them saxophones? All in favor?

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,686 Posts
This is such a weird thread and I have no idea what the OP means or what he's talking about, so I'll just say this (with all due respect to Dave's cap):

I'll never, ever wear a RED baseball cap. Period.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is such a weird thread and I have no idea what the OP means or what he's talking about,
Me too. However, it is impossible to be super-serious all the time when we talking about jazz -in my youth it was called in German : verdeutsched und verbessert .
Interestingly, if you turn over the slogan you saw, what ideas can this lead to?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
... and if Dave will clearly explain that it has no political leaning or inference, I would gladly welcome it.
Good for Dave- keep'em guessing!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Well, I have two baseball caps I like a lot and now I don't feel I can wear them - one red one says "Volvo" and one orangey-red one says "Moxie".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,560 Posts
"Look at me ! Look at me ! Look at me !"
Haha! Laugh of the week award. Facebook can really just be summed up as "look at me".

21 - 31 of 31 Posts