Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks Milandro. Can it work without locking the arm spacing in place? Or is it necessary?
My Pleasure.

I am not sure of what you mean. I think the locking of the arms once in place is unavoidable. The arms have a click lock system and they unlock by pushing the unlock button. They can be modified to fit anyone's anatomy but this was(unlike the older model) unnecessary to me.
Why would you not want the arms to lock?
To fit one's build there are different sizes too.

Distinguished SOTW Member
Milandro,

I was looking at my Saxholder and realised I open the arms a bit where the base of the arms join the Saxholder.You are correct, I could adjust the arms instead with the same results.

Where the cord hangs off the Saxholder, it looks like it is coming out of two tubes on the one I have, is that tube shorter on the new Saxholder? If it is it would be an improvement for me, on how the horn hangs for me on several horns,

Discussion Starter · #44 ·
There are no " tubes鈥 where the cord comes out, there is a protruded portion of the central body where the cords coem from. I don鈥檛 think that I can communicate how it feels, you really have to try it.

Today I was in a Dutch shop and saw that they are still selling the old model. Nothing wrong with it, but the new one is an obvious improvement.

Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I would say it is about the same.In both models the cord runs paralel to the abdominal support at a minimal distance. Once you put the sax on depends on how far you hold it from you but the hanging of the sax(away or close) depends on the player, not the saxholder. really.

Both implements are made to have the cord separate from the body but we are talking of 2cm at most. Even when using atraditional strap the sax is held awy from the body but the cord is more diagonal (and there is more 鈥 pull鈥 at the thumbrest because of this).

But none of these descriptions will give you what 5 seconds of direct experience will.

Registered
I have a Pro and it doesn't hold it's position, it slips down a lot and I have to keep pulling it back up, not good.

Registered
I have a Pro and it doesn't hold it's position, it slips down a lot and I have to keep pulling it back up, not good.
What exactly slips down, the length of the strap?

Registered
Same experience here. I loved it for two weeks, until that lock started giving up.
So not much point me buying another one in the hope mine was just an odd faulty one then. It's a shame because i really like all the other improvements. They should have kept the original cord system though, that didn't move. They're certainly going to have to do something about this.

Registered
So not much point me buying another one in the hope mine was just an odd faulty one then. It's a shame because i really like all the other improvements. They should have kept the original cord system though, that didn't move. They're certainly going to have to do something about this.
I've had mine for over 2 months and haven't encountered this issue at all.

Discussion Starter · #55 ·
There are both new and old models on the market , the old system may unlock the new one simply can't, turn the locking system and lock it, mine is solid as a rock.

the cord adjustment lock is also solid you can open it t see if anything is malfuntioning. I owned the old model for years (and now is gone to a friend the cord adjuster never slipped, check it against picture, maybe you have made the slip brake faulty somehow )

Don't mix up old and new models, they are different

THIS is the new model, radically different from the other one (I have owned both)

Registered
Mm, strange.... lucky? Have you done gigs on it? Gigs where you're standing up and move about a little?
Ah, admittedly I don't do gigs (play in church, weddings, occasional parties), and while I will sway (often animatedly) when I'm playing, I don't really move around. So that may be the difference.

Registered
'the cord adjustment lock is also solid you can open it t see if anything is malfuntioning.'

I can't open mine. How do you open it?

Discussion Starter · #59 ·
assuming you have the new model you should have the instructions on how tho replace the cord, they include a diagram on how to open the slider because of course you need to pass the cord through it.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts