1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,025 Posts
Re: ."The Resurrection of Screamin' Jay Hawkins Band" @ Philadelphia Mausoleum of Contemporary Art in Philadelphia

PLEASE tell me you're going to play "Constipation Blues"

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Re: ."The Resurrection of Screamin' Jay Hawkins Band" @ Philadelphia Mausoleum of Contemporary Art in Philadelphia

What was his other song? " I Put a Metamucil On You" or something like that?

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

PLEASE tell me you're going to play "Constipation Blues"
YES...Complete with a toilet on stage.:cyclopsa::cheers: ( I'm serious LOL )

Mike the bandleader worked with Jay....and there are some great things happening. Glad to be here, good times. Stop by!!

First up, author Steve Bergsman will be in attendance to celebrate the release of his brand new biography I Put A Spell On You: The Bizarre Life Of Screamin’ Jay Hawkins. He’ll read from his new book and take questions from the audience, books will be available for puchase/signing.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-re...HRD7vonLTRPoHHvcNxT33CmaInFFeO2RjCTtZwfNfNIls

The Resurrection of Screamin' Jay Hawkins Band
July 23 at 7:29 AM ·

I Put A Spell On You: The Bizarre Life of Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Posted by Mike Armando on 07/18/2019
I Put A Spell On You: The Bizarre Life of Screamin' Jay Hawkins is one great book. During the years in the 70's I was Screamin Jay Hawkins guitarist. I know for a fact this book is real. Author Steve Bergsman has put everything that went on in those crazy days into this book. I was shocked when I read a copy. Everything no matter how crazy it was is in this book. If you want a real life experience of those crazy days this is your book. You will not be sorry you purchased it. There are many interviews with musicians over the years, photos, family, friends it is all here. One great master piece by Steve Bergsman. You can order if you like at: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/i-put-a-spell-…/1129722458…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts